It's the first recipe that my mommy taught me.
Like every time we bake, start by preparing your materials:
A scale, a large dish, a whisk or mixer, a spatula, a cupcake baking pan, baking cups (to put in the large baking pan).
You will need the following ingredients:
7.7 oz (220 grams) of softened butter (salted or unsalted, your choice).
8.75 oz (250 grams) of sugar
8.75 oz (250 grams) of self-rising flour
1 pack of vanilla sugar
Cupcake decoration: sprinkles or mascarpone combined with icing sugar, or any other decoration you like
Let's do it!
1. Ask for the oven to be preheated to 320° F.
2. In a large dish, mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla sugar with a whisk or electric mixer.
3. Add the eggs and stir well.
4. Add the flour and stir until your dough is homogeneous (this means that all the ingredients are perfectly mixed).
5. Place the baking cups in the baking pan, and put some dough in each of them.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes, more or less, depending on the oven.
As for decoration, here is a little tip: for the sprinkles to stick, you can first put a very thin layer of jam on top of the cupcake. Or you can mix some mascarpone with icing sugar, and decorate the cupcake with a pastry bag and nozzle tips (why not try different shapes?).