Ptit Bunny's Brownies
My little friends, I just made chocolate brownies! They're still warm but I couldn't resist, I had to take a bite! ;)
So, just like for the cookies, first, prepare your material:
A scale, a bowl, a pan, a whisk or mixer, a large wooden spoon or spatula, and a baking pan.
Then you will need the following ingredients:
6.3 oz (180 grams) of salted butter - get help to weigh it!
6.3 oz (180 grams) of sugar - use the scale again
3.15 oz (90 grams) of flour - don't forget to weigh!
7 oz (200 grams) of dark chocolate
All set? Let’s get started!
1. Ask a grown-up to preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the sugar and the eggs with a whisk or an electric mixer.
3. Melt the butter and the chocolate in a bain marie – this MUST be done by a grown-up. Put the chocolate and the butter in a bowl that you will place in a shallow pan of warm water; keep heating the water up gently on the stove. This will allow your butter and chocolate to melt and mix well. Stir until the chocolate and butter become one. It is the constant indirect heat that provides the right consistency.
4. Add this to the eggs and sugar.
5. Continue to mix and then combine with the flour.
6. Butter and flour the baking pan, pour the dough into it, and then put in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Ask a grown-up to check from time to time how the baking is going.
Wait a little while. And enjoy!
Inspired from 100 recettes made in USA. Hachette Cuisine, 2014.